What to do if the Default "456" Admin Password Does Not work
For Polycom phones, the password 456 should work under the following circumstances:
1) If the phone is on our boot server but has not rebooted
2) If the phone is on our boot server, but not provisioned through the admin portal
3) If the phone is not on our boot server
If you've previously configured your Polycom using 456, or if you've purchased a new Polycom, your password may have updated for security purposes. You can find your Polycom password by logging into the Admin Portal. Choose Resources. Click on the mac address of your phone. There, you will see a 4-digit password which you can use to access your phone.
Note: If you've purchased a used phone, the password 456 may not work depending on any settings changed by the previous user. If this is the case, you can follow these steps:
1. Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone you want to reset and write it down. (example of a mac address would be: 0004F2xxxxxx).
Note: The MAC addreess can be found on the rear of the phone, or you can see the MAC address by pressing Menu, 2, 1, 1.
2. Restart the phone by powering down.
3. While phone is powering back up (you have about 5-10 seconds to complete this step):
For SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450 press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time.
For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time.
4. Continue holding down the numbers for few seconds, until you are prompted to enter the admin password.
5. Enter the MAC address of the phone. (letters should be entered as lower case).
6. You should now be able to log into the phone with the default admin password of "456" and configure you phone.
7. It is necessary to go into the phone and manually enter the server type and server address following our knowledgebase instructions.